What Is Managed Threat Response?
Managed Threat Response (MTR) provides 24/7 threat hunting, detection, and response capabilities delivered by an expert team as a fully managed service. It provides resource-constrained organizations with the expertise and the workforce necessary to benefit from Sophos’ detection and response capabilities.
A Managed Threat Response service provides customers with remotely delivered modern security operations center (MSOC) functions. Once our security teams have detected and identified a threat, in real-time or from a historical perspective, the Managed Threat Response team will isolate the compromise and stops the malicious code from spreading across the network, communicating with an external command and control center, or leaking sensitive data. Our security specialists rapidly detect, analyze, investigate, and actively respond through threat mitigation, containment, and removal.
With Sophos MTR, your organization is armed 24/7/365 with a team of highly skilled threat hunters and response experts who will:
- Proactively hunt for and validate potential threats and incidents
- Use all available information to determine the scope and severity of threats
- Apply the appropriate business context for valid threats
- Neutralize and remove the threat, and block it from re-occurring
- Fully document any security event, including all actions taken to resolve it
What is Sophos EDR and MTR?
EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response), is a cybersecurity technology used to continually monitors “endpoints” and other network devices to help an organization mitigate malicious cyber threats.
An endpoint is a remote computing device that communicates back and forth with a network to which it is connected.
Sophos EDR gives you all the tools you need for advanced threat hunting and IT security operations hygiene. As part of Intercept X and Intercept X for Server, you also get access to advanced protection against the latest, never-seen-before threats, ransomware, and fileless, memory-based attacks. With the ability to inspect your endpoints and servers across Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Sophos MTR (Managed Threat Response) provides 24/7 threat monitoring and detections to ensure that whatever suspicious activity evades your endpoint protection will not go unnoticed. With Sophos MTR, your organization is backed by an elite team of threat hunters and response experts who take targeted actions on your behalf to neutralize even the most sophisticated threats.
Managed Threat Response Best Practices
The following lists some of the best practices organizations should follow when planning to implement threat detection and response solutions:
- Recognize that any business is vulnerable, no matter the size. Choose the MTR (Managed Threat Response) service that is right for your company.
- Never be complacent. The threats are ever-changing and will keep on coming. So be vigilant and be prepared.
- Be proactive – as in hunting for threats before they become attacks. Arm your business with the best available MTR service, because the cost of getting taken down will be much higher than price of a proven MTR solution.
- Find an MTR service provider who is agile, adaptable, knowledgeable, and versatile in finding and stopping threats.
- Recognize that each MTR providers offerings are not the same. Do your homework and know exactly what they will do in the event your organization is under attack, what you are expected to do, and if there are any additional add on costs you could incur.
Managed Threat Response Benefits
Security threats can be overwhelming when a business is also coping with balancing budgets and meeting compliance requirements. But your business is vulnerable without protection. If your goal is to gain optimum data security without adding more IT staff, an MTR service will help you get there.
The following list highlights some of the benefits of MTR for your business.
- Strengthen your company’s limited in-house IT resources by monitoring your entire network 24/7/365 looking for any IOCs (Indicators of Compromise) and IOAs (Indicators of Attack)
- Constantly analyse your network security posture making recommendations for improvement to keep you safe
- Initiate actions to remotely disrupt, contain, and neutralize any threats.
- Provide actionable advice for addressing the root cause of recurring incidents.
- Manage areas of vulnerability.
- Help you to meet compliance regulations
- Deliver network security reports weekly, monthly or on demand
- Apply the appropriate business context for valid threats.
- Increase client confidence.
- Provide you with peace of mind and the confidence of knowing you have security experts watching your network and you back 24X7X365
Learn More About Managed Threat Response
Contact Netcetera to request more information about our Sophos Managed Threat Response Service.